Monday 17 November 2008

Hey Whim, I fancy you!

This noon, I was writing an exam after 30 months! Getting back to books is sometimes crazy. But then, it's fun.

As the answer to a question in the exam today, I was expected to write about the effect of new media on globalization. I was already 2 hours into writing the paper, by then I was already bheja-fried... like 'properly'! I was in nooo mood to write something intellectual. So I just decided to write whatever I felt like!

And I wrote this:

"Vinton Cerf, the Father of the Internet will probably be the next demigod or maybe God himself. He abolished the concept of latitudes and longitudes - there's no distance. Now, it's as though Ambala is next to Alaska. Web Content writing is the new-age freelancing. A person in Mangalore is probably writing the content for a website on wild elephant conservation in Africa."

FYI, this is nothing close to what I should 'technically' have written! God bless the examiner! And me.

Later in the evening, Little-Voice-in-the-head said - Maybe you should go home and study for the next exam! I was walking home and just when I reached the MIT grounds, I decided to take a detour. Before the little voice knew, I comfortably seated myself in one of the passenger gondolas of a Giant Wheel! There I was - feeling light - going up in the air - space-shippy!

Random 'I am doing this, for no particular reason' things - I Like! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Always fun to do something on the moment, for yourself, by yourself. Glad you are.

Jessie Cherian said...

Sounds like fun and yeah I think it's cool to write fun exams as well.. I remember in my board exams I'd construct sentences with my friends names... and in 3rd year of college I decided to flunk my pre-board English exam.. so I just wrote one answer worth 20 marks and scribbled a poem the rest of the time.:) Enjoy writing the rest of the exams you have!

me said...

Your answer is a slightly distorted version of McLuhan's Global Village! :D Go read it!

Enthu Cutlet said...

@ Jessie: Thanks. The results are out next week. Gulp! ;)
@ Me (Hepsiba): Really? I shall read :D