Thursday 16 October 2008

Lung charring Monster

Imagine a basketball arena filled with people. More than 14000 people. That's how many die in this world - every single day - due to tobacco! I am living in a country with 250 million smokers, helping me shorten my life, minute by minute. Thanks, But No Thanks!

Aaaah October 2 - I was ecstatic about the ban. It was finally time to stub out the cigarettes, clamp down on this insensateness! It's almost been a fortnight. I still see them. The monsters are lurking around - See them a hundred times as often as I see people spitting and urinating in public. This (already) widely flouted law will remain the most amazing Diwali gift to the law makers and 'keepers'!

The little voice in my head taunts me - "Enforcement. Hah! That's something you have never heard of. But then, dream on!" The Monster continues to kill. Passively. Anguishingly.

9 comments:

Col_Sangers said...

I was dreading to read what followed "...14000 people... basket ball court"...

But the way I see it, the fun is epitomized when law breaking is involved.

P.S: You voiced your opinion, finally! Kudos! :)

Col_Sangers said...

Afterthought: Men who vent out their liquid excretory product by the side of the road and visible locales as such must be CASTRATED!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Interesting stat!!! well, good if its enforced properly in this country and good if that 14000 number comes to a four digit one ;).. but am certainly not on for banning smoking inside pubs :P

Unknown said...

Yaay! (Glad you're blogging), anyway, so I was at Ten D a couple of nights ago - when Mrin and Mha were here, and it was so wonderful to see the place clean and non-smokey! I love it.
And I see the difference in many places.

Also, someone told me that we can demand Rs 200 from people smoking on the road, etc if their smoking bothers us.. Not sure if its true, I don't read the news, but it's nice.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Coo!

Col_Sangers said...

Wow! 200 from every smoker we are bothered by?? Pree, this could be the beginning of our fortune! ;)

Enthu Cutlet said...

@ Sangu's 2nd: I agreee!!

@ Varun: Ah yes... even bringing it to a 4 digit figure is a big...no wait..BIG thing!

@ Afrin: Wow..really?! Maybe it's being enforced in big cities... I haven't seen much improvement here. Hope to see it soon though.

Anonymous said...

Have you heard the joke?
One smoker said to the other "quitting smoking is very easy. I have done it so many times" Enforcement no doubt is much easier.

Vignesh Anand said...

hmm have u read


http://an-ass-in-the-lions-hide.blogspot.com/2008/06/quitting-88mm-100-times.html

and

http://an-ass-in-the-lions-hide.blogspot.com/2008/10/quitting-88mm-for-one-last-time.html

Always remember, relevant form of advertising(read targeted) is never spam :p