Wednesday 12 December 2007

One and a Halfth Dimension


All this while, ‘one and a half’ only reminded me of Hyderabad’s (in)famous auto drivers who fleece me by charging extra past 9:30 pm. Sometimes I feel they have some sorta partnership with Dad, to get me home before 9 pm! Anyways, ‘One and a half’ gained a new dimension today.

June 12, 2006 - I stepped into my 1st full-time job, after my B.Com Degree. I was as excited as a jackal which found prey after a week’s starvation. (Yes…trust me. B.Com was that boring. Thanks to the inter-class, inter-departmental, inter-collegiate and all possible ‘inter’ events that kept me alive.)

Away from home, it felt weird in Hyderabad. Every damn thing seemed so new. With all my classmates joining BPOs and banks, I felt like I was traveling to another planet. Online advertising, AdWords, keywords… er.. Where am I! [Panic attack] Staying as a paying guest with a roomie who sleeps at 9 put an end to my ‘reading late’ habit. I didn’t complain about food anymore. I didn’t have a choice! Everyday things changed. I changed. I did like to assume, for the better.

One and a half years later, I am…. one and a half years older!! Hehe..On a serious note, I feel stronger. Not that the junk food helped. I met several people, made many decisions, faced various situations. Before I sound more clichéd, let me get to the point. My mind feels stronger and I tell myself “I’ll live.” And online advertising is not alien anymore to the Googler!

Cheers to the ‘One and half’ that has gone by.

2 comments:

Ms. Piggy said...

Bootiful works, i say... i liking it wery, wery much

JMP said...

Are you working as a Search Engine Optimizer after your B.Com? Did you study something else like a computer course for the qualification? (I suppose optimizing search engines require very good programming skills.)