Wednesday 26 September 2007

'Family' Time.. Remember?

We fight all day - against deadlines, fatigue, priorities, not-so-nice people, and most importantly against time. Only to reach the end of the day and realize that we are left with no ‘family’ time.

In the middle of a conversation, I asked this guy how his sis's doing. “How wud I know? Ask her.”, he quipped. It suddenly struck me that the days of family meeting for tea and dinner table discussions are over. Everybody is caught up in their own world. There is a volcano building up - one of misunderstandings! Come oooon! It's hard to read someone else's mind. I keep quiet about something that's bothering me until I am too angry to discuss it calmly. I also end up overstating my case in a way that puts others on the defensive.

BLAH.... In less preachy terms...We say "You're a slob!" instead of "I want you to pick up your clothes and fold them." Is this gonna help? For Christ's sake, express yourself (No, I am not Pro Airtel!!) There is one simple solution to everything. Have your voice heard (Gosh..i just sounded like some Neta)

PS: I am going to Kolkata next week. I am sooo excited!! It's 'Family' Time :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let's have some family time for our family soon.. before both of you go away...