Thursday 15 May 2008

Divided Loyalty

I did not belong to a political party and intend to move to another one. And no, I am not deciding between Dark Chocolate ice cream and the Litchee flavoured one. I like exaggerating, but not that much.

My heart is torn between two teams in the Indian Premier League. My life is divided between Chennai and Kolkata - so is my loyalty. I love rosogulla and shingara, as much as I relish my crisp dosa and onion sambhar. I enjoy my cha and I still need my filter kaapi. I am as nostalgic about Judges Court Road in Alipore, as I am about Besant Nagar in Adyar. Is it the Kolkata Knight Riders or is it the Chennai Super Kings?

Chennai Super Kings lost so badly to the Mumbai Indians yesterday. I was terribly disappointed, but then I saw a peaceful means for revenge. Kolkata will bash up the Mumbai team in tomorrow's game. Muahahaha! [Evil Grin]

Gosh... I am trying to create some sort of relationship between the Knight Riders and the Super Kings, instead of reaching a conclusion. I am really dreading a day - 3 days from now - May 18th, 2008. The day when my two teams clash again - when my heart will be torn into two innings. And oh.. did I already mention that I like exaggerating?

2 comments:

Brahmaputra said...

Went to watch the IPL match between Royal Challengers and Deccan Chargers last Sunday (March 25). No deep-rooted strings attached, either way. After all, I come from Guwahati and Kolkata :)

However, once inside the stadium I began rooting for Hyderabad even before I realised it. Forced by a Telugu brigade at gun point?? No way :)

It was the verve in the stadium. With painted faces and fancy dress, people were cheering for the team...a loser so far. No care for the scorching sun, no attention to the parched throat; there was only a raw emotion to see Hyderabad rise like a phoenix. Who can escape such unadultereted support !

I screamed, I cheered and finally blasted-for once again, the dogs went to the dogs.

However, my shouts will boomerang me for a long time to come. Cause it feels unique to share a crowd emotion (somewhat alien though it may be).

The PaUnCh said...

hey so whats your comments now on the results of the matches ?