Thursday 17 January 2008

Telugu Disaster


Last weekend, I thought of being a little adventurous and ended up watching the latest Balakrishna flick in a random theatre called Talkie Town in Miapur.

Okka Magadu (As in: One Man Army) is a horrible cocktail of Kamal Hasan's Indian and some Vijaykanth scenes (like the Narasimha surviving-the-electricity-shock one). I fell off my seat when the actresses came into picture - half-clad is an understatement. Out of the blue, some sleazy numbers popped up. The men weren't complaining though (Excuse the feminist in me :P) While the other 2 actresses were busy setting the screen on fire, Simran does a pretty decent job. But I wonder why she appeared in a dual role..made absolutely no sense. The scenes were extremely choppy and incoherent. This movie is the typical masala type - made by fat-bellied producers who don't know what to do with the money!

Balakrishna appears in such colorful shirts that he would put even the brightest rainbow to shame. There is a particular flashback, set in Pre-Independence times, in which Balakrishna learns Shao-Lin in China to fight against the British. (Eyes Popping Out). There are many things in this world that can be explained. For everything else, there's Balakrishna! When the movie got over, I was so confused that I had to spend the rest of the evening figuring out what it was about!

Silver Lining : I was Really Glad that I don't understand Telugu. After 3 whole hours of fighting my urge to leave the theatre and explaining the movie to a Parsi girl, I think I'll even survive Hitler's gas chambers now! :P

Verdict : Third Grade Rubbish - If you really hate someone and he's really dumb, get him a ticket for this movie!

6 comments:

Prasanna said...

I think Blakrishna wants to rewrite Indian Penal code. Actually we can forward an idea to the human rights commission who are considering the abolishment of death penalty in India. "If proven guilty the accused should be put through a marathon Balaiah-movie-watching session for three days."

Zareer K'Maneck said...

I think Priya is not being honest. I saw her drooling a couple of times at Balakrishna... the movie was as cheesy as cheesy could get but thats what I was expecting so no harm done.

Enthu Cutlet said...

Drooling?!! LOL. Yeah right! It must have been tears of joy when the movie got over!

Unknown said...

Parsi girl says - thank you for the company. I still owe you another Telugu movie.

Jessie Cherian said...

Watch 'Bomarrilu' (Doll's House) and that may change your opinion on Telugu movies in general.

Junk-tion said...

Verdict : Third Grade Rubbish - If you really hate someone and HE's really dumb, get HIM a ticket to this movie!


:) your feminism is oozing!!!